Virtual Assessment Center
The virtual Assessment Center is based on the multi-method approach. The combination of three approaches allows more accuracy in predicting success as well as in assessing strengths and areas requiring development.
Visibility for participants from small locations, identification of interesting potentials
Savings in travel costs while maintaining quality
Flexibility & speed, time and place independent realization
No minimum number of participants
The virtual AC in detail
Time schedule / overview of modules:
- Competence-based biographical interview
- Pre-Work | 1+6+3
- Online Assessment |Modeling of real requirement situations
- Qualitative evaluation of the participant responses
- Feedback talk via video on management summary & development recommendations
Combination of different approaches
1 | BIOGRAPHY-ORIENTED APPROACH | Interview
Option 1: Structured biographical video-interview
- Location-independent realization of the interviews in the context of a video conference
- Creating a positive relationship-level through direct contact
- It is possible to ask follow-up questions
- Use of a structured biographical interview guide, thus maximizing the prognostic validity
Option 2: Asynchronous video-interview
- Location- and time-independent evaluation of the recorded participant answers with the help of an IT tool
- Possibility to gain an authentic impression of the candidates´ personality and appearance
- Format: The candidate is shown an interview question (biographical/situational). The candidate records his answer with a video tool, this will be evaluated by different observers using standardized criteria.
Advantages compared to a ‘classic’ (online) interview:
- The option to evaluate psychophysiological parameters (face-reader)
- Flexibility in time and space
- Reduction of the ‘Time to Hire’
2 | TRAIT-ORIENTED APPROACH | Pre-Work 1+6+3
The basic potential of a person to take on a leadership role consists of the following 1 + 6 + 3 = 9 characteristics. These characteristics are stable or difficult to change.
1 | Cognitive performance
Successful leaders are characterized by their ability to quickly and accurately analyze complex situations that are new to them.
6 | Six dimensions of personality
Successful managers have high levels regarding the following dimensions of personality: perception of stress, dominance, learning agility, social compatibility, self-discipline and integrity. Within the dimensions of personality, some facets are more strongly related to leadership success than others.
3 | Three basic motives
Successful managers have a low affiliation motive, an accentuated performance motive and a strong power motive. The approach components of these motives are strongly, and the avoidance components are weakly developed.
3 | SIMULATION-ORIENTED APPROACH | Online Assessment
- Complex business scenario – 90 minutes process time
- Participant works on a total of 16 cases in the form of e-mails and video messages (e.g. business figures, team conflicts, customer complaints)
- Increase in complexity through a variety of fact sheets (project plans, organization charts, project documentations, etc.)
- Open response format: no artificial restriction of behavioral diversity: the candidate must respond using video messages and freely formulated e-mails
- High-quality results through innovative open response format
- Modification of the content towards the target organization: “One day in the life of …“
- Evaluation of psychophysiological parameters (face-reader)
- Qualitative evaluation using a checklist by specialized assessors (variant: joint evaluation with HR business partner or executive observer)
- Extensive report with detailed documentation for each exercise, management summary & development recommendations (about 15 pages)
- Feedback talk via video