OCM – Questionnaire Of The Professional Motivation Structure
Brooklynmaxx GmbH recommends to integrate a standardized questionnaire to measure motivation into Assessment as well as Development Centers.
- Evaluation of self-motivation – motivation by the task itself
- Evaluation of extrinsic motivation (e.g. status/ rank, money, appreciation/ acknowledgement)
- AC-specific standards for superiors
- During the Assessment Center, evaluation of the behavior as wells as an examination of the candidate’s attitude and values
The questionnaire identifies the individual manifestations regarding fifteen work-related motivations: Power motivation, recognition motivation, affiliation motivation, status motivation, financial motivation, promotion motivation, competition motivation, success motivation, failure motivation, change motivation, task motivation, business motivation, growth motivation, contact motivation and altruistic motivation.
Quality criteria of the test
- High internal consistency throughout the 15 scales.
- Reliability of profile r= 0.65
- Validation through observers’ assessment and test procedures during the Assessment-Center
Significant correlation with superiors’ evaluation of the candidate, more specifically performance motivation, innovation orientation and willingness to learn/ improve. Ask for more information (e.g. extensive manual, abstract and more) using the following email address: email@example.com.
The candidate answers the 150 (self-) statements in written form and evaluates how accurate the statements are regarding him-/ herself. The rating scale consists of four levels between which the candidate has to choose by marking the accurate level with a cross. (Duration: 30 minutes)