CTC-V – Cologne Test of Cognitive Competency (verbal)
With the Cologne test for cognitive competence – verbal (CTC-V) we have a test procedure at hand which allows the evaluation of the candidate’s ability to deal with complex material and identify relevant information from it within a short time frame. In the modern world, this is a very important factor for success.
- Evaluation of the verbal analytical skills
- High level of acceptance because of its economic tasks (comprehension and interpretation of business-related emails)
- AC-specific norm-referenced testing (executives, graduates, trainees)
- Good integration into the organizational procedure
- Available online or on paper
The CTC-V expects the candidate to understand given information of emails and choose the right answer out of four possibilities under time pressure.
The candidate has to analyze complex business-related texts and come to conclusions within a short time frame.
Quality criteria of the test
- Cronbach’s Alpha: 0.74
- High degree of selectivity of the items (average): 0.32
- High validation regarding Assessment-Center and classic intelligence tests